Mark your calendars…2018 is our strongest lineup yet!
Get ready for an exciting year of learning and connection. Whether it’s an industry-specific event, or a signature event like our annual women & vocation or business gathering, there’s something for everyone on next year’s calendar.
- February 1 – Business for the Common Good – annual half-day business leaders’ gathering
- February 15 – Callings in Conflict? Pursuing Scientific Excellence & A Life of Faith
- April 5 – Blue Collar Callings: Recovering the Dignity & Power of the Trades
- May 19 – Sound of Work – annual fundraiser and concert featuring Sandra McCracken performing Porter’s Gate Worship’s “Work Songs” project
- July 16 – God & the Great Outdoors: How Faith Shapes Outdoor Retailing & Recreation
- September 20 – Mind & The Machine: How Artificial Intelligence Challenges What It Means to Be Human
- October 13 or 20 – Sabbath: Deep Rest for Modern Women – annual half-day women & vocation gathering
- Winter TBD – Church & The City – annual half-day ministry leaders’ gathering
Business owners, connect with potential clients and build your brand by sponsoring one of these great events.
Share this article
This post was published December 21, 2017
Joanna serves as Denver Institute’s Director of Public Engagement, hosts the Faith & Work Podcast, and founded Women, Work, & Calling, a national initiative that disciples women for godly influence in public life. Prior to coming to the Institute, Joanna worked in global telecom, nonprofit consulting, and campus ministry with Cru. She served as associate faculty at Denver Seminary and as a sewing instructor at Fancy Tiger Crafts. A third-generation Coloradan, Joanna appreciates both the state’s innovative culture and its cowboy roots. She has an MA in Social Entrepreneurship from Bakke Graduate University and graduated magna cum laude from the University of Colorado, Boulder. She also completed a certificate of Women in Leadership through Cornell University.
She is the author of Women, Work, & Calling: Step Into Your Place in God’s World (IVP, Fall 2023) and is a contributor to the multi-author book, Women & Work: Bearing God’s Image and Joining in His Mission through our Work (B&H Publishing, Spring 2023).